Well, hello there. Welcome to autumn, my favorite season (unless you count ‘the holidays,’ which is totally a season. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise). But weather-wise and decor-wise and general existence-wise, autumn is great. And BUSY. So busy! There is inevitably a lot going on in people’s lives in autumn, and I’m no different. Want a list? You’re going to get one anyway, because I like lists.
- My kids are in the full swing of ‘preschool.’ It’s in quotes because they’re two. But they love it deeply, and I love it even more, because the particular program they’re enrolled in offers parents a coworking space above the school space. So I get three hours twice a week to
procrastinate on the internetwrite. (Guess where I am RIGHT NOW?)
- I’m a featured author at Virtual FantasyCon’s paranormal/urban fantasy Facebook event tomorrow, where I’ll be posting and commenting and generally having fun (thank goodness they scheduled it for Wednesday, my babysitter day!).
- I’m running an Amazon Giveaway for the next couple of weeks; you can sign up to follow my Amazon author page and thus be notified of new releases by the juggernaut that is Amazon automation, and enter to win a copy of THIEVES’ HONOR! Super fun.
- I’m also recruiting ARC reviewers! If you’re interested in getting my books for free before they’re out and posting reviews (honest ones, please!), you can fill out this form. Limited spots are available, so act fast!
- This weekend I’m heading to the New Jersey Romance Writers’ conference. This is doubly exciting, because a) I get to hobnob with other writers, get creatively inspired, and get all kinds of useful publishing advice and b) my children are staying home, so I get to pretend like an adult who doesn’t spend six days a week in rumpled yoga pants (on the seventh day, I wear no pants).
- Sweater weather.
- Football food (for the record, in my house, we wear purple on Sundays).
- Food in general. Autumn is for eating, if you ask me.
- I’m breaking out the holiday spreadsheet and getting started (woefully late, for me) on gift shopping. There’s a basket hidden away in a certain closet of my house slowly starting to fill with delightful things that I can’t wait to give to people.
What do you have going on this autumn? I hope you’re making time to eat delicious food and enjoy delicious fall colors in the midst of this busy season!
Image credit: Lasso The Moon